~Since 2004~
A site about memories, thoughts, photos, and unrepentant opinions about motorcycles and motorcycling after four decades of twisting the throttle.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Extraordinary Scale Model Motorcycles


I ran across the Italian site Scale Racing Models and was astonished by the detail of the 1/12 scale model racing bikes shown.  Long ago I used to own a hobby shop and know something about model building or thought I did.  I wouldn't even begin to know how to build a model of this caliber.  There are model builders out there who go beyond hobby and their creations rise to the level of art.  The SRM site is short on info and long on pictures and in Italian but I can say the builders' work shown there has my total admiration.

2 comments:

Trobairitz said...

I can only imagine the patience it would take to build these models.

Skills, someone has some mad skills. I'd agree with you - rising to the level of artwork.

Kofla Olivieri said...

The scale models look just like the real thing.

Popular Posts

Search This Site

Loading...

"When my mood gets too hot and I find myself wandering beyond control I pull out my motor-bike and hurl it top-speed through these unfit roads for hour after hour." - T.E. Lawrence



An Important reminder from the past:
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." - James Madison